Looking for help? Find answers to our frequently asked questions below.
What subjects are taught at Growth Velocity Academy?
- We currently provide a One Week Intensive Digital Marketing Bootcamp in addition to a number of workshops covering the same subject.
Who will be teaching the digital marketing bootcamp?
- Your instructor for the digital marketing bootcamp will be Howard Kingston, who has taught over 3,000 students around Europe over the last 5 years. Howard is a serial entrepreneur and growth marketer who scaled one of his businesses to 20 million users in 18 months! He will be sharing how he did this in addition to much more with the students during the bootcamp.
- Each bootcamp instructor will be accompanied by a Teacher’s Assistant responsible for supporting any students that need help during the bootcamp.
Are there any pre-requirements for taking the Digital Marketing Bootcamp?
- There are no academic pre-requisites to taking the digital marketing bootcamp.
What is the age range & experience level in a typical bootcamp?
- The age range in any of our bootcamps ranges from 18-year olds to 50+ with varying levels of experience, ranging from high school graduates with very little experience to marketing managers with 20+ years of experience.
What is the typical background of the students that attend the bootcamps?
- We have a varied mix of entrepreneurs looking to learn how to sell better online, corporates looking to upgrade their skill sets as well as career transitioners looking to pick up a much sought after digital skill set.
How many students will be attending the bootcamp with me?
- We have a limit of 30 students per bootcamp and we typically sell out spaces a few weeks before we start.
What is the length of the Bootcamp?
- The Digital Marketing Bootcamp last for 5.5 days and is a full-time course, equivalent to 40 hours of learning + 10 hours of homework.
What are the times of the bootcamp?
- The Digital Marketing Bootcamp starts at 9 am and ends at 6 pm daily, with a 1-hour lunch break in addition to a few 15-minute breaks during the day. On Day Six, the bootcamp starts at 9 am and ends at 1 pm.
How can we learn practical skills in such a short amount of time?
- The Bootcamp is very intensive and the students will be expected to apply all aspects of the course onto an existing project during the One Week Bootcamp.
- This way, the students will be able to see real world results on the objectives they set on Day One. For example, a target might be to obtain thirty email sign ups onto their website by the end of the week. Once the objective has been set, the student will apply the various sections of the course (i.e. Google AdsWords, Content Marketing, Facebook Ads) to help drive the required results.
- On Day Six, the students will be asked to present to their peers how they went about applying the various digital marketing tools to achieve their targets and share with their peers their results and learnings.
How do you grade the students?
- On Day Six, the students will present their course projects to their peers and the instructors.
- Students that are able to present a well thought out digital marketing strategy for their project company and present real results will obtain a pass mark.
Do you provide a certification upon completion?
- Yes, we provide the students who pass their presentations on Day Six with a Certificate of Completion from Growth Velocity Academy.
- We also encourage students to upload their presentations onto their LinkedIn profiles to show how they were able to run a full digital marketing campaign to achieve a set out target.
What do I do if I don’t have a project to work on during the week?
- We pair up students that don’t have a project to work on with start-ups or corporates looking for digital marketing help during the week.
- This will provide the student with the opportunity to get some real-world experience and showcase their work to the business.
- We’ve had a number of students go on to work full time with their project business companies!
Do you run bespoke bootcamps for corporates?
- Yes. Drop us an email to [email protected] with your requirements and someone from our team will be in touch
Still need help?
If you didn’t find the answer you were looking for, reach out to us on [email protected]